The Second Time I Saw You

The Second Time I Saw You - Pippa Croft [bc:The Second Time I Saw You|20839586|The Second Time I Saw You|Pippa Croft|https://d.gr-assets.com/books/1393417738s/20839586.jpg|40191663]

Jane Hunt Writer First Steps

Jane Hunt Writer Book Reviews Facebook

Jane Hunt Writer Book Reviews Google+

'The Second Time I Saw You' is a continuation of Lauren and Alexander's passionate love story. Read book one of the series to gain an understanding of the characters and what happened in Lauren's first term at Oxford. This allows you to concentrate on the plot's twists and appreciate the nuances of Lauren and Alexander tempestuous relationship.

Term two starts with a traumatic event which brings the ill fated lovers together again. Alexander's guilt and anguish draws him to Lauren because of her ability to make him feel free and forget. The contrasting settings reflect the lighter and darker sides of the story. The upcoming boat race provides a colourful backdrop.

An unwilling confidante Lauren's compassionate nature forces her to work against Alexander and risk his fragile trust.

The sensual side of the couple's relationship heats up as their interdependence grows. Secondary characters introduced in the first book threaten their closeness.

This fast paced story makes easy reading. The characters are memorable and easy to empathise with or hate depending on their role. I read this book in a few hours and can't wait for the conclusion of this addictive series.

I received a copy of this book from Penguin UK via NetGalley in return for an honest review.

[a:Pippa Croft|7752636|Pippa Croft|https://d.gr-assets.com/authors/1395335883p2/7752636.jpg]