Chase (What Happens To Men When They Move To Manhattan? #1)

Chase (What Happens To Men When They Move To Manhattan? #1) - Jill Knapp [bc:Chase|22612137|Chase (What Happens To Men When They Move To Manhattan? #1)|Jill Knapp|https://d.gr-assets.com/books/1404243559s/22612137.jpg|26151595]

Jane Hunt Writer First Steps

Jane Hunt Writer Book Reviews Facebook

Jane Hunt Writer Book Reviews Google+

'What Happens to Men When They Move to Manhattan?' is a complex, witty look at the lives of young adults in Manhattan seen through the eyes of Amalia. It took me a few chapters to get into this story mainly because there are lots of characters and relationships and a unique ethos to understand. I'm glad I stuck with it; the characters are realistic and their dialogue snappy and often humorous. The story has endless variety, lots of sub plots, twists and mysteries some of which still remain unanswered. I'm hooked and eager to see what Amalia does next.
Amalia is likeable and grounded. This is amazing given her parent's emotional distance and the fact she is closer to her best friends parents than her own. Cassandra is the perfect BFF and always has Amalia's best interests at heart. The male characters are harder to like. Their flaws numerous, hidden beneath their glossy veneers. The only man I liked was Hayden.
This story has a similar emotional pull to the 'Sex in the City' stories. It gives the reader an interesting snippet of big city life and shows how it enhances or destroys the young adults it attracts.
I received a copy of this book from Harper Impulse via NetGalley in return for an honest review.

[a:Jill Knapp|7263734|Jill Knapp|https://d.gr-assets.com/authors/1380578421p2/7263734.jpg]