Endgame Sampler

Endgame Sampler - James Frey, Nils Johnson-Shelton [bc:Endgame Sampler|22836666|Endgame Sampler|James Frey|https://d.gr-assets.com/books/1407108710s/22836666.jpg|42391576]

Jane Hunt Writer First Steps

Jane Hunt Writer Book Reviews Facebook

Jane Hunt Writer Book Reviews Google+

This is a review of a sampler of the Endgame.

The blurb for this story reminded me of a fantasy computer game with its twelve players and the quests and battles they must undertake to win and save their genetic line. The characters are vivid and surreal given their young ages. The implication is that they are young faces hiding a wealth of ancient knowledge and skill, which makes them suitable contenders in the game.

An omnipotent force threatens humanity.The inference is that the winner of the Endgame will save their people presumably because they can be trusted to respect the earth. The rest will perish.

From the blurb it is the authors' intention that this story be enacted in a real life, presumably without the violence, to enable people not to the save the world but find the treasure.

I am intrigued to read more of this apocalyptic fantasy adventure.

I received a copy of this sampler from Harper Collins UK Children via NetGalley in return for an honest review.

[a:James Frey|822|James Frey|https://d.gr-assets.com/authors/1207412020p2/822.jpg]