Chasing the Sun

Chasing the Sun - Sasha Abernathy [bc:Chasing the Sun|23442851|Chasing the Sun|Sasha Abernathy|https://d.gr-assets.com/books/1414171839s/23442851.jpg|26572716]

Jane Hunt Writer First Steps

Jane Hunt Writer Book Reviews Facebook

Jane Hunt Writer Book Reviews Google+

This story is a fusion of urban paranormal/fantasy and Egyptian mythology played out against the wild, untamed setting of Alaska. Not surprisingly it caught my interest from the first page.

Told from the aptly named heroine, Terran's point of view you are immediately aware of her despair and sadness, two years after her tragic loss. Barely able to function in the 'real world', she lives through her strange dreams, which for a time allow her to capture what she has lost. The dream sequences are vivid and evocative of Terran's current life and future.

There is intricate world building in the first half of the story. This slows this pace a little but allows the reader to understand Terran and empathise with her as she struggles with her grief and new discoveries. Terran thinks she is losing her grip on reality but maybe not?

This story is full of alpha males who all effect Terran deeply. Supernatural events clash with the ordinary; she discovers no one is really what they seem. The characters' duality makes the collision of the mythological world with contemporary Alaska imaginable. For me it is the poignancy of this story that makes it hard to put down. The fast paced ending leaves us with more questions than answers. I can't wait for book 2.

I received a copy of this book from the author in return for an honest review.

[a:Sasha Abernathy|7360301|Sasha Abernathy|https://d.gr-assets.com/authors/1414596111p2/7360301.jpg]