Catch My Breath

Catch My Breath - Lynn Montagano [bc:Catch My Breath|21941797|Catch My Breath|Lynn Montagano|https://d.gr-assets.com/books/1397725884s/21941797.jpg|41246117]

Jane Hunt Writer First Steps

Jane Hunt Writer Book Reviews Facebook

Jane Hunt Writer Book Reviews Google+

'Catch My Breath' encompasses many of the things I love in a contemporary romance.

Lia is smart and independent. Alastair Holden is sexy, rich and interested. Our couple's perfect cute meet occurs because of Lia's clumsiness. The setting is interesting and diverse. The antagonist is malevolent and the scenes with Lia full of menace. I expected billionaire pursues young feisty woman who has a troublesome ex and I wasn't disappointed but the story is far more complex than this.

Lia discovers Alastair's controlling nature something she should avoid given her abusive ex lover. Certain she can help him overcome past hurts she risks her own heart to save him. It's easy to sympathise with Alastair after the traumatic incident in his childhood but when his insensitivity hurts Lia already vulnerable and fighting her own past he comes across like a spoilt child. Lia and Alastair find their happy for now but are very much a work in progress.

'Catch My Breath' is a realistic love story which looks beyond the glamour of international business and television and explores whether love has a future if the couple are damaged by their past. Written in the 1st person, full of angst and passion this story will make you catch your breath.

I received a copy of this book from Harper Impulse via NetGalley in return for an honest review.

[a:Lynn Montagano|7706026|Lynn Montagano|https://d.gr-assets.com/authors/1394295538p2/7706026.jpg]