A Place For Us Part 3

A Place For Us Part 3 - Harriet Evans [bc:A Place For Us Part 3|23299740|A Place For Us Part 3|Harriet Evans|https://d.gr-assets.com/books/1412289497s/23299740.jpg|42855681]

Jane Hunt Writer First Steps

Jane Hunt Writer Book Reviews Facebook

Jane Hunt Writer Book Reviews Google+

I wondered if part 3 of 'A Place For Us' would be an anti-climax after the drama of part 2 but it isn't.
After Martha's terrible revelation, life returns to fractured normality for those who remain. Another traumatic event for Martha leaves her doubting the validity of her life work, creating a safe haven for her family.
Flash backs to David's teenage are harrowing and solve the mystery surrounding Florence and why he avoids contact with his earlier life. This part of David's story is poignant and appalling. Be prepared for tears, such is the reader's empathy with David at this point in his life. It also illuminates his later behaviour and why Martha condones it.
Florence discovers her own shocking revelation, which estranges her from Martha and Bill. Only Lucy provides the impetus for the family to survive the tsunami of grief that engulfs it. The ethos of this part of the story is dark but at the end thanks to Lucy, Martha sees a more positive way forward.
Part 3 reveals deep secrets with sensitivity and sets the scene for the last act, which I can't wait to read.
I received a copy of this book from Headline via NetGalley in return for an honest review.

My review of A Place for Us Part 1

My review of a Place for Us Part 2

[a:Harriet Evans|292599|Harriet Evans|https://d.gr-assets.com/authors/1224197345p2/292599.jpg]